This month we have Charles and I with Ben, who will be playing Flute. Created a bunch of new loops from some analog gear and am prepped to have a great time. Stop by, 5-7pm on 5/7.
I have received a couple of new really cool images in the last couple of days. First, is the cover to our new re-release of Bahian Coastal Hwy by Multicast. This is on Carpe Sonum records and should be mastered in a week or two. Then it goes to the pressing plant; hopefully we’ll see it by October?
I also will be receiving a poster of this amazing artwork for the upcoming 2015 Full Moon Festival by M.E.S.S. The poster will be framed and on the wall for sure. This is going to be a great party and I’m looking forward to both our release and the party.
Got to listening to my stash of early Depeche Mode and ran across several Live Concert vinyls, cassettes and CDs. After spinning my own personal concert, I figured that some enthusiasts of early Depeche Mode would also like to listen, so I thought I’d share.
All tracks are from concerts most dating 1980 – 1982. Note that the quality is greatly mixed — some are audience recordings, some soundboards and a couple of tv or radio broadcasts. I love hearing early and different versions of these wonderful tracks and how the band evolved before I could witness first-hand many years later!
Enjoy, leave feedback and connect if likeminded! I will have another basement concert or two forthcoming for DM from the mid-80s; plus some other bands that I’ve been following and collecting for the last 30+ years! Stay tuned…
Total Time: 1 hour 14 minutes 4 seconds.
Here are the tracks and shows:
- Oberkorn / My Secret Garden (Hammersmith London, 10-28-1982)
- Leave in Silence (Hammersmith London, 11-3-1984)
- Now This Is Fun (Lantaren Rotterdam, 3-28-1982)
- Photographic (Tiffany Glasgow, 2/21/1982)
- Shout (Tiffany Glasgow, 2/21/1982)
- I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead (Technical College Southend-on-Sea, 11-14-1980)
- Dreaming of Me (Zeche Bochum Germany, 11-28-1982)
- New Life (Croc’s Raleigh, 6-27-1981)
- Big Muff (Croc’s Raleigh, 6-27-1981)
- Tora! Tora! Tora! (VC Last Gig, Chichester Theatre, 12-3-1981)
- Just Can’t Get Enough (VC Last Gig, Chichester Theatre, 12-3-1981)
- See You (Zeche Bochum Germany, 11-28-1982)
- The Sun and the Rainfall (Hammersmith London, 10-28-1982)
- I Like It (Tiffany Glasgow, 2/21/1982)
- Addiction (Technical College Southend-on-Sea, 11-14-1980)
- Price Of Love (Croc’s Raleigh, 6-27-1981)
- Tomorrow’s Dance (Bridge House London, 10-30-1980)
- Reason Man (Bridge House London, 10-30-1980)
- Television Set (Les Bains Douche Paris, 9-29-1981)
This track was from a live set. The originating track was part of the aural “wall of noise” tracks called Rotation ][ where we lit up the sound system and chilled everyone with a wall of sound. However, one show we took it in a completely different direction…which is the beauty of incorporating impromptu playing with hardware at live gigs.
Hope you have your counter-surveillance equipment rockin’… Enjoy!
Multicast was able to provide soundtrack music for the “Museum in the Dark” opening at the University of Colorado Museum of Natural History. This was a fabulous showing of great paleontology and geology, especially with the “spooky” atmospheric music ala Multicast with Charles Balas.